Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Paint, Tile and Drapes... Oh My!


I went to Hancock Fabrics to get some inspiration for the current den project. I found this really great greenish-gold fabric that has a very basic leaf pattern. I'm thinking of making a window cornice for the new window and door with it. What I love about the fabric is it's all the same color, the leaves are just more of a velvet feel so they stand out. It was really the spark for me to pick a paint color. I had wanted to paint the walls a modern gray color but most grays felt too cold for me, then I moved up to a more taupe/gray and that was it! I had taken my sample fabric and some of the floor tile to help me decide on a color and it all started coming together. When I got home I threw up some paint on the wall to see how I felt about it. It's a little dark but I'll see how I feel in the morning light. I also just put together my mood board for the room. This is my first mood board so I'm sure the room won't look exactly like the board but it gives me some direction as to what I want the room to look like. I can't wait for the contractors to be done so that I can finish painting and get the carpet in...above is our new tiled enty! I won't be able to get the new fan and light fixture right away but right now we are taking baby steps to a completed room.

Will's Den

No comments: