Thursday, February 3, 2011

Changes



I've been doing a pretty good job of tackling projects around the house. My ADHD brain has me jumping all over the place so I'm not doing such a good job of actually completing the whole project. For example, I started painting the closet in the hallway, I re-organized everything and put it back in the closet, however I have yet to paint the closet doors. It doesn't really help that we are having some minor construction done to the dining/den because it feels like total chaos. I love the new patio door and I'm stoked that the wallpaper covered oak paneling came down but trying to pick out a paint color has been a challenge. The next step will be painting and a new light fixture to replace the current blinding brass atrocity that's up there now. Then of course the blue dog pee stained carpet will have to go as well. Transforming our house into something that feels like "us" is taking time but I guess a house doesn't become a home overnight. There is so much "oak" all over the interior of our house, I really want to paint the kitchen cupboards white and we only have a stove left for appliances to buy. It seems like my focus has been on getting the heart of the home up to speed. I think that I just have so many ideas and inspiration that I can't settle on one thing at a time. C'est la vie!

I feel like I am becoming more organized, I've created a cleaning list that I keep framed up in the kitchen. It has really helped me maintain the housework and gives me that little push to keep busy throughout the day. While I don't always get everything checked off each day it has been a big motivator. I got the idea from my favorite new blog, I created a similar checklist with daily, weekly, monthly and annual chores. Then I put it in a $3.00 Walmart document frame, I can use a dry erase marker and check off what I've completed and then easily erase it. My favorite box to check off every week is "organize an area". It's really fulfilling when I get to check that box off!

On more personal matters we just found out that there is going to be another baby on the way! While I'm tremendously excited, we had hoped to wait a few more months before putting a bun in the oven. As our soon to be priest friend often tells us "make plans and watch God change them". I'm beginning to think that he is really on to something. I guess I can mark another thing off of my 30 before 30 list. I can't help but be excited about another baby, I've already begun thinking of names and I bought a pair of maternity pants on sale from Old Navy (they ARE for work so it is a sensible purchase). So in about 9 months our family of 5 will be a family of 6...pray for us!

No comments: