Monday, March 21, 2011

Finishing Up

The carpenters are coming today to put up the remaining molding and the mantle back up in the dining room/den. I'm finally finished painting the fireplace. Actually the day I found out that I lost the baby was the day I got a good portion of it done... I cried the entire time as I painted. Yikes, that was a project but well worth celebrating because the result looks amazing!!! I have a few touches that I want to add to the room so pictures will be up soon! So in my usual style as the finishing coat of paint was drying last night I was looking for colors for our boring living room. We've decided against creating a playroom downstairs for the kids and opted to save our money and make it into a Master Suite, complete with walk in closets and a private bath! The kids never really play downstairs anyway and we really could you a little retreat of our own. The only downside to this project will be the expense because we'll need to cut in egress windows and do some major plumbing. A plumber is actually stopping by today to do some work at the Ballroom so Will is going to ask him to stop at the house and give us a quick idea of what the damage will be. Meanwhile I'm trying to create a family friendly living space in our living room. I think I have finally come to a conclusion for a paint color. While at Home Depot a few weeks ago I picked up a Martha Stewart Paint Palette that is chocked full of some great colors. I chose a pale teal color called Artesian Well. It's a stretch for me because while I love color I tend to stick with safe neutral colors. I'm excited to see the result up on the walls. I want to use golds as accent colors in the dining room so I'll try to bring some of those into the room as well. I love the Karlstad couch that was recently added to the Young House Love living room, trying to talk Will into it is a challenge. He said he wants to sit in it and feel it before he is locked in. Usually he trusts my judgement on these things but he thinks that we need to spend a lot of money on a couch in order for it to be a good quality piece. Not too much of an IKEA fan, sorry. I just love the slate gray color, we want to have a sectional and it's under $1,000 which is a steal. Below are some pictures of the current space, it's pretty sad. Hopefully I can make it a more cheerful and kid friendly space!

No comments: