Saturday, April 16, 2011

Finally Finished...for now!


Well, the den/dining room project is finally come to an end. Well, there is always going to be room for improvement but at least the construction part is done! I just hung up some fabric panels, which I love but I need to dig out the sewing machine and hem them. We'll need to save a while for some furniture, currently we brought in a few of the pieces from the patio. It's a nice place to relax. We had a friend over the other night and just sat by the fire having a few drinks. The house is finally starting to feel like us! I purchased a sample of paint for the living room...hated it. I just did not like it at all, Will said that I needed to go for something more dramatic so I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I loved the guest bedroom that Young House Love did, it's a dark teal color by Martha Stewart called Plumage. It was a huge leap for me, way out of my comfort zone but I loved the color. I went to Ace and had them match the sample chip that I had and 3 gallons later I have a truly dramatic but cozy feeling room. It did take a few days for my heart to stop racing but I really do love the end result. Now I just need to talk Will into that sectional! Don't you just love that brass chandelier that's in an awkward space. The previous owners used this room as an office/formal living room and where my desk currently sits they had a huge oak dining table. Now that the piano is gone (yes they finally came and picked it up!) I have a huge living room. I moved the couch to the middle of the room and it really separates the space. The living room feels a lot more cozy and less like a wide open space. It's really amazing what furniture placement can do to change the space. I currently have this empty corner, which we've agreed to leave empty for a while because we love that the piano is gone. What are my plans for the space in the future? Maybe a prayer corner, or a library/reading corner. Maybe I'll hang my guitar on the wall and create a practice corner. The possibilities are endless, but for now we are keeping it empty because we are so thankful for the space. So now we have two rooms in our house that are works in progress but feel more like "us". What's my next project you ask? With wedding season approaching very fast and my Aunt and Grandma will be arriving in a few weeks, the only projects that I'm planning are cleaning, purging and organizing. Maybe I'll finish painting my linen closet.

No comments: